Give Bytes a crowdfunding platform where anyone can support fundraising campaigns by donating their computing power.
The prerequisite to participate in traditional crowdfunding is having 1) enough income to be able to share and 2) having a debit/credit card or PayPal account. According to NASDAQ there are 1.5 billion debit cards worldwide and only 20% of them were ever used to make a transaction higher than $50. This implies that only about 5% of people on this planet can take part in crowdfunding. The other 95% cannot. At the same time, over 56% of the world’s population has access to the internet. With Give Bytes we unlock the crowdfunding potential of those 50% of people who are online but do not have enough income to share.
Give Bytes introduces the idea of browser-mining cryptocurrencies so that supporters can utilize the unused excess of their computing power for something good. 100% of the cryptocurrency mined in a Give Bytes crowdfunding campaign will go to the fundraiser. We are also working on a smart contract based solution that will match the donations coming from individual supporters with corporate funds via corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme.
WHO IS INVOLVED?
APPLICATION DEADLINE PASSED
The application deadline has now passed and the team is now developing the project.